15 March 2009

freewheelin

Sooooo...... I'm movin. Yea I'm outta here I'm relocating north to the beautiful city of Vancouver. Why? Many ask and here's the answer. YOU. well not you in particular but the greater you in general.We as a city have embraced this passive aggressive way of interacting with each other. I see more people deal with they're friends from a place of fear than i do a place of love.  Worry more about what others they  be thinking about them and generally afraid to express the real feelings and emotions behind their often illogical actions. Plus i feel as a person of the more strait forward variety i either become ostracised or expected to consistently cut through others bullshit for them. That's not my job. I hate guessing how m,y "friends" feel and have decided that if you don't say it you don't feel it. this has lead to a loss in friendships and a strengthening of others but as a whole i don't want to be around it. ( i know Vancouver is pretty much on par with us for this behavior but other reasons make it more attractive) (and yes THAT reason). The second reason is music. I moved bacc to Seattle from California (and a job I loved in a city I felt home in ) to create music with a number of individuals. I realize that that is never going to happen. We (including my self) are far to caught up in our own lives and families to get anything of concrete value accomplished. this Revelation was initially heart breaking. I felt i gave up so much and still to this day don't think that that sacrifice was adequately honored or understood. I will not be making said sacrifice like that again in the future (which might confuse some on my currant departure but just assume you are partially  incorrect in your reasoning).  All these emotions and epiphanies have conspired to birth my exodus from the city that made me. I'll visit regularly but i want to call a place home that actually feels like it. I don't expect to find it in Canada but this is only the beginning (or continuation) of my journey to find home. I'll be leaving this April with lots of love, no regrets and a more wisdom than i came here with.
But I'm leeeeeeavin'!!!

3 comments:

Versacie Jackson said...

I feel you, sometimes you just gotta do what you know is right in the face of adversity from all those around you. Put your gangster down like Ken in the Fist of the North Star.

Anonymous said...

The majority of people don't have the willpower to just let people be - a failure by human nature. Have a good journey K. Find Home!

Anonymous said...

well my dude, its great to see you go after what matters. cause you cant put that on hold any longer.

please tell me your gonna be around some young people while your up there..cause you have a gift to open people up to truth...